GET UP Community Center, Peoria 2017 Program Guide
“Community Development” volunteer opportunities
- Summer Food Program – is a partnership with school district 150 to provide nutritional meals to students while they are on school break and incorporate scholastic instruction, connecting their minds to learning during the summer.
- Sunday Café’ is a service provided to supply spiritual enrichment to community. Weekly worship, prayer and holistic social environment to address challenges plaguing the community.
- ARRAYASUNSHINE- sound equipment rental service, staffed with youth.
- Dominos, "More than A Game” – is an innovation approach to teaching math to grades 3 -4 and develop relationship with parents and mentors.
- Positive Vibes - provides music instruction to urban youth at GUCC and results in a full community Band.
- Food Kart– is an entrepreneur development program that teaches youth the insight on running a small business while developing work ethics needed to make it in the job market.
- Entrepreneur Training Program – provides instruction to program participants’ in small business development and promote aspiring entrepreneurs.
- Bluff City - is an open market concept to show-case new business and helps them launch from the training provided.
- UNI United Neighborhood Incorporated Boxing Club – promotes self-discipline and skills to control temperament and respect for area urban youth.